Be sure that:
* Repairs you’ve requested have been made. Obtain copies of paid bills and any related warranties.
* All items that were included in the sale price—draperies, lighting fixtures—are still there.
* Screens and storm windows are in place or stored.
* All appliances are operating.
* Intercom, doorbell, and alarm are operational.
* Hot water heater is working.
* HVAC is working.
* No plants or shrubs have been removed from the yard.
* Garage door opener and other remotes are available.
* Instruction books and warranties on appliances and fixtures are there.
* All personal items of the sellers and all debris have been removed.
Reprinted from REALTOR® Magazine Online by permission of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®Copyright 2005. All rights reserved. www.REALTOR.org/realtor